- All staff members and students will be temperature checked before class.
- Any staff member or student showing signs of sickness will be sent home.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to classes if they have fever or respiratory symptoms or live in a household with someone exhibiting fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to classes if they have had exposure risk to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- The State of Colorado indoor and outdoor mask wearing mandates will be followed
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Employees will wash hands and/or sanitize before and after each class.
- A hand sanitizing station will be available at the entrance, Students will be encouraged to wash hands and/or sanitize before and after classes.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- We have increased our cleaning frequency and sanitation procedures in high-traffic areas and on high-touch surfaces in all dance and community spaces.
- Minimized Mixing and Mingling
- We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of physical distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain physical distancing at all times.
Facility and Curriculum Adjustments
- Please bring clearly labeled water bottles. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Student lounges will be closed.
- Bathrooms will be available for toileting only, but not for changing clothes. We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- No food will be allowed in the studio.
- Curriculum adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use and hand-holding and to reduce mixing and mingling in the classroom.
- Class sizes will be modified to reflect current state and county recommendations. (we are limiting class size to 10)
- The studio will be set up for physical distancing and dancers are expected to stay distanced.
- Classrooms will refrain from high fives, fist bumps, stickers, and stamps.
- Classrooms will have staggered dismissal to allow for student transitions.
- For ventilation in the studio windows will be cracked and the fan will be on. Studio doors to the lounge will remain open and whenever weather permits, doors will be open. HEPA air purifiers will be running in lounge and studio.
Arrival and Departure
- At Defined Motion, please enter using the main entrance for all arrivals and exits. A staff member will be at the entrance to greet your student and help them to their class. At this time, we ask that parents wait in their cars or outside during classes to maintain physical distancing. For parents of dancers under 5, one parent/guardian is allowed to come into the studio to get your dancer comfortable if necessary, to then return to your car to wait for dancer dismissal.
- Once in the building, dancers will wait outside their classroom on the X’s to be asked in by their teacher.
- Dancers should remain in masks at all times and all ages. (If dancers need a break from their mask, they can step out the studio back door for some fresh air to remove their mask.
- Please be ready for dancer pickup 5 minutes before class ends as we will be doing staggered dismissal times to allow for student transitions.
- Dancers are not allowed to come more than 5 minutes early or stay late.
- A staff member will be outside to ensure your dancer gets back to you safely.
- Dancer cell phones will need to be turned off during all classes.
- Please only bring necessary items to the studio (shoes & water bottle). Less contact is less contact.
As a legal adult and/or guardian of a minor/minors, I release and hold harmless Defined Motion/Mayama Movement Studio, its owners, administrators and instructors from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Defined Motion/Mayama Movement Studio, its owners, administrators or in route to or from said premises from and forth. Defined Motion/Mayama Movement Studio is hereby granted permission to take photographs and video of me or minor/minors to use for promotional purposes. Permission is also hereby granted to Defined Motion/Mayama Movement Studio to copyright such photographs and video in its name.
I also agree to the following guidelines and will go over these protocols with my child when visiting Defined Motion/Mayama Movement Studio while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision:
- I confirm I and/or my child does not have any symptoms related to and have not been knowingly exposed to COVID19 in the last 14 days.
- I and/or my child and/or my child understand that Defined Motion/Mayama Movement Studio is following the State Mandates for mask wearing for indoor and outdoor spaces.
- I and/or my child agree to social distancing while at the studio.
- I and/or my child agree to keep my hands washed and sanitized while at the studio.
- I and/or my child agree to not bring food into the studio or outdoor dance space.
- I and/or my child agree to limit the amount of belongings I bring and keep them in the designated area at all times.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION, AND I AM WILLING TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT SET FORTH BY DEFINED MOTION/MAYAMA MOVEMENT STUDIO ITS OWNER, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES.